Thursday 15 October 2015

In depth analysis of videos produced by other students



(My favourite aspect from this music video is the speedy editing and how effective it is to the lyrics and beat of the song.)




(My favourite aspect about this music video is the location use and the recurring shots to the boy lip-syncing, as they tell the narrative well.)




(My favourite aspect of this music video is the costume and make up as I feel the red is a really good theme choice since it connotes the story of love behind the lyrics well.)




(My favourite aspect of this music video is interesting tunnel setting which I feel catches the audience's interest significantly well!)




(My favourite aspect of this  music video is the lighting created by an edited filter, as it makes the video more fascinating to look at.)





(My favourite aspect of this music video is the cartoon-like illustrated filter placed on some of the clips, as it represents the narrative well - since illustrations are associated with storylines.)


What Have I Learnt From These:



Having looked at these music videos made in previous years by other media studies students, I have been able to appreciate good editing skills and how the more techniques (filters and transitions) you can co-operate into a music video the better it can become! I have also identified the importance of accurate Mise-en-scene such as clothing and props. Therefore it is imperative that in my own music video I must remember what makes sense in terms of MES! The most important factor I have been able to take from these music videos, is the significance of multiple camera shots and how interesting cinematography captures the audience's eye even better. To create a successful music video, I hope I can include these aspects within my own video so it is just as enjoyable to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment